Friday, July 5, 2013

Why I can never be rich.

Because Etsy takes all of my money. Really. It's true! There is just too much wonderful dance stuff on Etsy, and I love that I can spend my money with small businesses - people who care about what they make, can often customize for you, are usually involved in the dance/circus/yoga community, and are conscious consumers themselves. Here's my top 10 of places to get rad dance stuff.

 OmBeautiful Leggings are wonderful. They come in multiple lengths (including extra long!!), lovely custom colors and any size. Foldover waistband, thick fabric perfect for aerial or stretching, and the color holds through the wash. Yes please.



Cirque Soul makes all kinds of shirts that are circus-related. While they don't have pole shirts (yet) they do have great designs with lyra, silks, and contortion on t-shirts, sweatshirts and pants too. Great customer service!














This shop, Siluet Yoga Wear, is my new favorite find for everyday studio wear. They have shorts and tops perfect for pole and also good for bikram yoga. The fit is beautiful, they're such amazing quality and I love the prints.













Everyone wants to know where I got my galaxy-print mat. This shop, Devi Yoga Mats, is in Hollywood, but I ordered mine through their Etsy store. Not sure if they have an actual storefront. Beautiful designs though, and the mats are nice and thick. I've had mine about six months and the print hasn't worn much at all.


If I had a pole room at home I would line the walls with prints from Emily McDowell's shop. Lots of clever prints of hand-drawn designs with nice things that we don't tell ourselves enough. Good for reminding frustrated dancers not to stress so much, haha.
In between the prints from Emily McDowell in my ideal fantasy pole room, I would hang artwork from GirlsDrawinGirls. Besides awesome pole prints from Pole Dancing Adventures author Leen Isabel, there are tons of gorgeous works from other female artists. For instance, this rad print here. Inspiring, no?
I bought a pair of LeoToes awhile back and wore them for a performance. Totally fell in love. Neoprene bottoms, silky stretch tops, and they're super durable. Just sticky enough for contemporary work, comfy enough for a long day in the studio, not too sticky so you can still spin and work the floor.

LaRoxx Hollywood has the best sparkly sequined goodness. Their costume pieces are hard to beat, and on top of that they now have leggings and crop tops. I have one of these booty short pairs. It fits great and sparkles like nobody's business.
















I wore one of Tom Banwell's masks for my very first pole performance, and it was the best quality mask I have ever seen. Molded to the shape of my face, didn't curl up or move around, and his designs are unbelievable. Really durable too - I still have it and it's still in perfect shape. Best performance masks around, I think.
Of course I couldn't leave out BodyBinds, even though they soon will be gone from Etsy. But the shop still has lots of stock and I just adore the way these costume accessories look. They can work for any style performance. Very flattering, and great quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment